This year at Spring Event, we very year at the Spring Event, we will be supporting the ministry of Vicki Parker, Health Advocate Nurse at Stone Mountain. Her ministry began there in 2009 through a grant provided by the Georgia Baptist Healthcare Ministry Foundation. That program has grown to include nurses at 7 different theme parks in 5 states. Together, these nurses serve the needs of nearly 10,000 employees.
Today, Vicki continues to minister to the employees of Stone Mountain Park by meeting physical needs through gifts of food and hygiene items and spiritual needs through weekly Bible studies. This short video will help you learn a little more about the impact of her ministry.
Spring Event 2017 participants will support Vicki’s ministry through donations of hygiene items, snacks, and gift cards. These items help her serve park employees and build relationships with them. The items Vicki needs most are:
- Pocket size tubes of sunscreen
- Individual packs of crackers (cheese, peanut butter, etc.)
- Assorted greeting cards (get well, sympathy, thank you, thinking of you, congratulations)
- Gift cards to Walmart or Kroger ($10)
- Small bottles (50 tablets or less) of ibuprofen, acetaminophen, aspirin, diphenhydramine (please only purchase if expiration date is on or after Oct. 2017)
- Band-aid strips
- Ace bandages (regular size)
- Disposable cold packs (the kind you squeeze to activate)
Please bring items to registration. Vicki and /or some of her volunteers will be there to receive the gifts and than you in person.